Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gesture Drawings

The first set of drawings is of my husband sitting at the table watching a football game on T.V.  He was intructed to strike pose for one minute then pose another way wait one minute and then pose again.  He was first leaning forward, then leaned back in the chair, then turned towards me and put his chin in his hand.  This was a fun exercise.  I had to draw fast since I knew I only had a minute.  I tried not to think about the picture I had just drawn and drew right over it with the next pose, drawing through the form.  I had to go over some of the lines again to make them dark enough to photograph, but I didn't "fix" anything. I used vine charcoal.


Next I drew my dog, Lacey.  I used vine charcoal for this as well.  First she looked out the window, then she turned and sat down, then she laid down.  She wasn't as good with the minute rule, but it worked out ;-)
 
Lastly is my daughter posing some mad ballet moves.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment